Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas kindness

This week has been a week of learning kindness does happen. A local church donated gifts to my kids, myself, and my husband. Online friends, family, and school friends sent gifts too. I really have been overwhelmed by acts of kindness this Christmas season. I truly am blessed and can't believe the outpouring of support. This Christmas was going to be cancelled, we didn't have any money to buy gifts for the kids. My hubby only has been back to work for a week and we needed to pay rent and my truck payments that were past due. We were very sad and disheartened that our kids would suffer. But then suddenly I posted on Freecycle, does anyone know of anyone to help out for Christmas. A lady emailed me, ask me for a list from my kids, then text me to say, we will be giving your kids Christmas, then the knock on the door, Christmas was here. Then all week, I keep getting stuff in the mail, via UPS, via Fed Ex. Christmas is happening and the kids are so happy. Thank you to all my special angels who helped me this year. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and heartwarming and I couldn't think of a more wonderful or deserving family! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing Sheila. Goes to show that there really is decent caring people. I'm glad you and your kids were able to have the xmas that you guys deserve!!

    ReplyDelete